Saturday, June 25, 2011

The C word

So I proceeded as usual with my annual mammogram. And then got a call that the radiologist couldn't read it well so needed a compression mammogram. Now I have had those before- I have dense tissue breast, lots of fiber and calcification. So I was not too worried, but something niggled in my brain. And then I got the call from my doctor;s office that now the radiologist was recommending a biopsy. At this point my doctor was not too concerned- he wanted the films viewed by the radiologist at the Breast Center associated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital. So again I am thinking alright, might be something to not completely trusting the other radiologist. Always good for a second opinion. Then another phone call and the C word trip really begins. I do have to have a biopsy, it is scheduled for July 6, with the results on July 7th. So now I wait....and I have that niggling feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment