Sunday, June 27, 2010

I have managed to go a whole weekend in a tee shirt, going nowhere but my couch, reading a trashy novel and watching soccer. And 4 cats who seem to do nothing all day but sleep. Amazing. It has been quiet and refreshing and in some ways revitalizing to do absolutely nothing. I am now prepared for 3 days - 30 hours- of administrator leadership training at the hands of my employer. Up and at work every day at 7 AM- an ungodly hour which means I am up at 5 if I shower and do my hair. And take care of the cats. And figure out what to wear. I must say it has been easier than in past summers- I seem to wake up by 5:30 without too much pain and suffering. But if I try to work out or have a meeting and don't get home til 7 and then try to get to bed by 9 for 8 hours of sleep, the day just drifts past me. And one thing I have decided is to really try to make each day count- to be conscious of that day and whatever happens in it. Which is hard to do when it is so crammed with stuff at work; and when I am a constant worrier about anything and nothing. So, that is my challenge to myself- live the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment